"The house itself is set in its own grounds giving a complete sense of privacy but is right on the beach. The decoration is beautiful with an endless choice of places to sit and look at the beautiful view. The private pool is set behind the house so no worry of being overlooked. The separate cottages were perfect for us as an extended family, with each sibling taking a different building for them and their children".
Where is Swali Beach House?
Location: around 55 kilometres south of Mombasa and a couple of kilometres south of the fishing village of Msambweni
Nearest Airport : Ukunda/Diani at 22 Kilometres
Car: recommended but not essential.
Travel: If coming in from Nairobi the best option is to fly into Ukunda (the airstrip is actually in Diani). There are services from both Wilson and Jomo Kenyatta International AIrports in Nairobi. See Air Kenya, Jambo jet or Safarilink
You can also fly in to Mombasa and will then need to cross the Likoni ferry to the south coast.
We have spent time at the house without a car and can provide telephone numbers of friendly and reliable taxis and car hire. For the more intrepid there is a regular and very cheap service to Diani via matatu, a public mini bus.
There is ample parking if you bring your own cars.
Please contact us for route suggestions if driving from anywhere up-country
Swali Beach House two kilometres south of Msambweni village, South Coast, Kenya - Beautiful And Discreet House Fringed With Coconut Palms A Few Metres From The Beach
The house is on Msambweni beachfront. It is a working beach where local people fish from their dhows and dugout canoes and harvest seafood from the reef on foot. There is always something of interest to gaze at as you sit on the veranda looking out. At low tide you can walk along the beach or wander on the reef. At high tide there is swimming and body surfing.
Swali is situated in 7.5 acres filled with indigenous trees alive with native birds, coconut palms with coconuts ready to harvest and other flora and fauna.
- Snorkelling straight off the beach
- Bird watching
- Walking and exploring the coastline
- Local fishing boats can take you out to the offshore reefs or down the coast
- Extreme relaxation
- Visit world class Kisite Marine National Park - just a few kilometres further south. The tropical fish life and coral are stunning and Kisite has at least 70 resident dolphins
- Nightlife (if you really need it), restaurants, sailing, wind & kite surfing are all on offer in Diani 22 kms away.
- Shimba Hills Wildlife Reserve (less than an hour drive) is a great visit if you don't have time to visit any of Kenya's parks - the best chance to see the endangered Sable Antelope and Kenya's highest concentration of elephant
- Golf at the Leisure Lodge Beach & Golf Resort in Diani